Lorel,

You really haven't seen this sort of thing on the Web dozens of times before???

A couple years ago, I was on a general discussion board concerning religion and, when a couple of us happened to mention that we did not think Christianity was true, one guy started announcing that our saying this was a "personal insult" to him and he tried to demand that we retract our heretical statements.

This went on and on for a week or so with him getting angrier and angrier; he ended up typing all in caps to try to get us to stop "insulting" him by the fact that we did not happen to share his religious beliefs. It also turned out that, in his unique perspective, we were insulting the entire United States of America, and, for all I know, the whole universe.

It was awfully funny; all of us thought it was absolutely hilarious -- except for poor deluded EK himself.

I've seen this sort of thing all over the 'Net. Haven't you?

I'm afraid I always find it quite educational to see this sort of thing when it happens -- amazing what you can learn about experimental social psychology on the Web.

At any rate, whether you love it or hate it, there is nothing that can be done to prevent it -- people will be people.

And just for the record, I still like Kriston and incogneato and look forward to reading their future posts (although it seems I can now reply as I like to incogneato's posts, and she will never know what I've said!).

Sorry for being so cheerful about all this, but I�m just a positive, people-loving kind of guy.

All the best,

Dave