We've never done testing on DD11 other than the school administered group tests required for admission to gt and state standardized tests. DD has been fine in the gt class with the exception of the pace in math being a little slow for her. DD's gifted program administers the Explore test to all 6th graders. We got her results back and they are all DYS level. DD has no idea how high her scores really are just that that she scored in the 99th percentile for 8th graders -- that's really good, right mom?

This is the only place I can say this without people thinking I totally wacko. First of all, I know that this is only one test but it is not the first indication we've had that she's a little out there. Still, I'm finding that I have mixed feelings about her results. I guess I was holding out for just a MG really high achiever. Yes, I'm happy that she performed well and this indicates that she probably has the smarts to do what she wants to do if she applies herself. I think I knew that already anyway. I'm just struggling with my own baggage and knowing how many extra challenges lie before her. Has anyone else felt this way?