kimck wrote:

> Dave - I like this line of thinking! Call me a bit starry eyed as well.

Yeah, I know it may sound as if I’m arguing (in the bad sense) with Kriston, but the message I’m really trying to send her and everyone here is: “Don’t worry! Be happy!”

When I was a kid, there was no “gifted community,” no homeschoolers, and no Internet to discuss this or any other issue. And I know lots of parents nowadays, not just of gifted kids, who are being pro-active and trying to get their kids a better education.

I’m even feeling better about the Presidential race, which has been rather a downer for me. Sure, this guy Rev. Wright said some goofy things, but he also made some thought-provoking comments that deserve discussion. And Obama had the guts to not just dump his friend but simply to disassociate himself from some of the guys’ comments. I’m not an Obama booster (I may not even vote for him – haven’t decided yet), but I see that as one more sign that people are starting to think and speak up for themselves and that the mainstream media and the old institutions are finding there’s not much they can do about it.

There’s a lot of ferment, thinking, and discussion going on among the people of this country that is just becoming visible. As Dylan said so long ago, the times they are a’changin’.

Dave