We are currently finishing up The Wind in the Willows. It is really sweet, and we particularly enjoy the illustrations of our particular book. It completely holds our three-year-old's attention. I am also excited to get The Reluctant Dragon by the same author. She loves dragons, especially when they are nice.

She is going to have to wait until St. Nick's Day (Dec. 6) for her next big book. She will get the next two books in the Toys Go Out series in her stocking, as well as some new easy readers.

Also, she is getting the My father's Dragon series, Abel's Island, by Wiliam Steig, Catwings, The 13 Clocks, by James Thurber, and The Minpins, by Roald Dahl, for Christmas. Yes, she did sit on Santa Claus and ask for more books. I hope these are hits. Thanks for the ideas!

We still try to hit one picture book a night, and let DD try to read a whole book to us, like Hop on Pop.

We also read the first chapter of The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane in the bookstore a couple of weeks ago. I loved it, but I don't think she is quite ready for it. Although, we still talk about that vain little rabbit all the time. He sounds like a great character.