I'll fourth Aculady, third DeeDee and second polarbear. :-)

My DD9 was recently diagnosed with 'stealth' dyslexia. It was so subtle in the early years of elementary school, that it was completely missed. Her work was inconsistent. She could, at times, pull it all together and do a smackdown great job on something.. one that would knock the sock off of everyone. And then, she would go back to three word sentences that were barely legible. She read two to three levels above her grade and, given the choice, always read Diary of a Whimpy Kid books.

We attributed all of her school issues to 'lack of motivation' or 'sloppiness' initially. We KNEW she could do that work if she really, really tried hard. But the kicker was that it took such incredible concentration and heroic effort to do her best job (read somewhat legible) that she could not do it on a regular basis. So, she gave up trying instead.

I guess what I am trying to get at is that it might be a good idea to keep an open mind about possible causes for her writing issues. The biggest red flag for us was the difference between her written output and cognitive abilities.

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery