Originally Posted by kimck
Yes - evidently all first graders at our school are expected to read at jr. high level and question the teacher on when square roots and negative numbers are coming. So it makes perfect sense to write "AS EXPECTED" on their report cards. crazy crazy crazy I'm just glad I'm able to volunteer in the classroom so I know where reality really sits. Our school likes to advertise that 40% of it's student body is GT. 5 kids out of 26 in DS's class are ahead of grade level in reading. And that's reading from 2nd grade level on up. No one is within 2 years of DS for reading level.

I haven't jumped on your thread Ann, but I'm thinking of you. Take care.

I don't know what to say. The "as expected" has me shaking my head in disbelief. Now that's whay I call not-so-helpful feedback. I'm also glad that you are able to get an honest assessment through your volunteer work. Sounds like the school is doing some sort of new math w/ their marketing. I'm glad you are going to be able to homeschool. I know you'll be GREAT at it! grin

No problem and thanks... I'd much rather read other threads than my own. I'm trying to snap myself out of the funk I'm in. {{{hugs}}}

Last edited by Ann; 03/15/08 07:11 PM. Reason: absentmindedness