Originally Posted by Grinity
One thing about reality is that you can really hurt yourself by denying it!

The unfunny thing is what it cosst my DS to spend an entire school year in a classroom with a teacher who was constantly dissapointed in him, and was open enough that the classmates followed suit, and he came to believe her as well. How deeply this still affects him is hard to know - but whenever I hear about you, Kriston, actually taking action to get your son OUT of his bad situation, I tear up to be SO glad that someone had more sense than I did! And that in some small way I've been able to help both with direct advice, and by helping build this cyberplace where you can speak your mind. I went through 2nd grade with no idea what was going on, no YSP, no friends with PG kids, no family with more than MG experience, and none of you!

I wish we had been there for you, Grinity! The strength and wisdom you had to get through it alone just amaze me. I don't know what I would have done. And for you to share with the rest of us so we don't have to go it alone is just so wonderful!

What makes me tear up is thinking about the community that we have here. I rely on it so much! I appreciate the sharing of experiences by those who have BTDT, and I can't imagine what I'd do without it.

I will say, however, that I don't think my taking DS6 out of a bad situation has to do with my having "more sense." I think I just have less patience and a lesser capacity to deal with people constructively than you do. Not necessarily good character traits most of the time, but it worked out okay for us in this instance. wink I just don't have any patience for GT deny-ers: those teachers and administrators who simply cannot/will not recognize the existence of GT kids. My child exists, and if you cannot see him for what he is, then you don't need to be responsible for his education.

More than a little anti-social, but I think I'm okay with that!

Kriston