Excellent Kriston!
I'm glad to hear that you will try homeschooling next year. Funny - OHG's 'guilt' quote hit home with me, but I didn't want it to look like we were ganging up on you. It wasn't a 'yeah, that sounds like Kriston' moment, it was a 'yeah, I'd be doing that if I were in Kriston's situation' moment anyway.

Seems to me that holding off on that school for later when your DS really needs it makes plenty of sense. And having babysitters be the playdate supervisors makes perfect sense. Also, I'll bet that by the middle of next year you will be close enought that at least some of the playdates are 'dump and run' style.

I'm suprised that you couldn't put into words what 'felt wrong' about trying the school and using homeschooling as a back up - don't you remember what it was like to
a) have a crisis on your hands and have to emergency homeschool
and
b) trying to monitor if the situation is 'normal settling in pains' or 'the begining of a really bad end story.' UG! it's like the meta-relationship were you are about to break up with your boyfriend, and spend all your time together talking about 'the relationship.' Ug!

Enjoy Homeschool year 2!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com