Grinity, my mega-post meant that we crossposted.

Money is big. Let's just say that I can pay for roughly 700 hours of babysitting for both kids for the cost of the school 3X per week. That would be about 22 hours of babysitting per week (school year only), and I won't want that much! So I'd rather use the considerable cash for babysitting, I think.

The 2x weekly extras are not very appealing to me because the school is so expensive. We have access to similar quality extras (art, music, foreign language, P.E.) for a whole lot less $$$ from other providers. The minimal social interaction he'd get at the school is only worth it to me if the academic stuff is taken care of, I think. Otherwise I think I'll do all the work and still pay them a bunch. :p

We'd have to pay the school up front for a semester, though I think they pro-rate it if we only last 30 days or less.

It is a mixed age class, but I don't know how many are in the grade above or how long that would last. He wouldn't be the youngest child in the class (there's one who started this year in K and "skipped" midyear, basically just so she could stay with the class and not get left back with new kids next year), but the work didn't seem like it would be a stretch for DS6 at all, even with the older kids in the class with him. We might still have to consider a grade skip at the GT school, and I think we could avoid that if we HS.

Ugh.

Anyway, thanks!

Kriston