Kriston -
I really have to know - do you have to pay for the whole year, us it or not? Lots of independent schools are like that.

I like the idea of sending him for the specials 2 x/week and doing the academics at home, fewer days, less driving, and you don't have to worry about 'is the school doing it right' which is a major stressor - even schools for 'highly gifted' kids generally don't cut it for PG kids. Sorry, I forgot if the combined class would mean that he could do stuff with kids an extra grade above his official grade.

(Does that make sense? Example: DS11 went to a gifted day camp after 2nd grade into a mixed group that contained kids who had just finished 2nd and 3rd grade, plus he's extra young because of the summer birthday, and had a great time. The next year wasn't nearly as much fun.

Tell me about the money, and also when you would have to pay it - I'm thinking that if you can somehow put the babysitting money aside before the school year starts, that maybe you'll be better able to spend it.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com