Espers turned a year old last month. I mentioned a few months ago that she said very clearly, "get out of here" when her brother was trying to interrupt her nursing. �I had said the same thing when he did that every day for a week. �So, she wasn't talking. �That was echolalia. �She just used it in the right context. �
Now she uses some words and names, this, yeah, up, eye-it, and many wrong words, like "hot" asking for food. �But she does not talk beyond those few single words, and sometimes she'll answer you.
She studies. �She watches her brothers phonics lessons. �There was a game on the video that goes like "ugly umbrellas open under something." She answered "uh". �That was cool because me and Wyatt had been playing the game, we had been answering the sounds. �So she just played along and got one right. �
Well, that one I can tell everyone. �But since she doesn't really talk yet, she squeaks for please and squeals for no, I'll save this other story for here. �She did another echolalia in the correct context. �I was reading a teaching spelling website on my phone. �Wyatt asked what I was reading. � I read outloud the list with the same ending sounds. �Espy said clearly, "they rhyme." � I don't want anyone to think I think she knows what it meant, she just remembered for a second that's what I say when I say rhyming words and it came out of her mouth.
I think she'll be good with languages because Wyatt's first echolalia was "goodnight" and Espy's was a four word sentence.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar