DD8 just chose 2 Geronimo Stilton, a Wishbone Mysteries and...this is funny...Pinduli by Janell Cannon (of Stellaluna fame). I think, at first glance, Pinduli seems below her abilities, but the story is sort of complex..."an endearing young hyena who shoes the creatures of the African savanna how a few tiny words-bad or good-can create something enourmous." Plus the way she grabbed it and exclaimed that it was from the same author as Stellaluna, which WAS one of her favorite books when she was little...the connection was what I liked...plus, she can read it out loud to DD4.5 wink She is also reading Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix, class read aloud is Ramona and Beezus and she's really into her Discovery Kids magazine issue on spiders!

DD4.5 is a kalidescope...she chose something like Dr Meow's Hospital or something from the library, lol! She reads individual words or with your prompting, but hasn't yet demonstrated a want to read independently. For her, it's a social event and she has several favorite books memorized. Chrysanthemum is a favorite (and well loved around our whole school) and Fancy Nancy...she loves the magnificent vocabulary wink. I just started reading Little House in the Big Woods out loud to her and she also likes "Play Safe, Stay Safe" and books about going to Kindergarden, hahahah!

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...