So I thought and hopefully its allowed, I would start a brag thread for the parenting/advocating accomplishments of people involved with the kids that this board refers to. I am not thinking about what the kids themselves do but what we as parents/caregivers/advocates do whether it is successful or not. So I will start...

I have worked through the summer to get my DD13 into a university level class. Her SAT scores were 570 verbal and 550 math. The local school district has a policy that she can only take high school level courses in Math and a foreign language. They were pretty adamant and not willing to look at the possibility even though she attends a school that is 7-12 and it would not mean a building change! The first university we approached, the instructors were very open to accepting her into their classes, but the University had a policy that only 9th graders and higher could attend, regardless of age. However, the Astronomy professor has created a project for her to do and we are advocating for that to be a science course for her this semester. The second university made her take a writing test which she passed and so she is enrolled in a Freshman English class. Her school courses for this semester seem like the best we have ever done in trying to meet her educational needs! I am proud of the work that I have done to create this. I do not know IRL another parent of a 13 or 14 year old who has their child enrolled in a university class or helped to create a science project for their kiddo in a planterium. I am nervous that I have done the wrong thing and will regret it at the end of the term....this forum is the only place I know that other parents are facing some strange looks from peers in regards to educational choices for their kids. So I am looking and hoping for a pat on the back for what I have done. And a place others can come and share the hard, bizarre, stressful, successful and unsuccessful attempts for advocacy and parenting of our beautiful children.