Hello, all. I'm a longtime lurker, first time poster.

We are Americans living in Belgium, here on an expat assignment for a private company. My son goes to an international school here, just as he has since Preschool. He attended Preschool-Kindergarden-Grade 1 in Krakow, Poland; he attended Grade 2 here last year, and will start Grade 3 here in August.

We will return to the US permanently in July, 2012; that Fall will be his first time attending American schools.

He was recently tested, at both the teacher's and my suggestion. Our reasons for testing were very different.

Long story, for another time.

I only have a verbal overview of the Wisc IV testing the psychologist perfromed, so far. And I do not understand it all yet, but suspect there is a problem here.

And I have no idea what the results of the Connors are/will be; I did not want to do that test when it was explained to me what it is for. The teacher suggested and specifically asked for it, but did not tell me wht it was then. I only found out whent he sychologist explained it. I went ahead only on the recommend of the psychologist, who said it is part of her standard battery of tests.

The psychologist who tested him gave me 4 composite numbers, for the Wisc IV. Then said she would have us come back in for a follow up, where she goes over everything. Then she will put it all in writing, and send that written report to us, and his school.

But that follow up meeting is weeks away, and I would like to figure some of this out now.

The numbers she gave me are:

Processing Speed: 88
Working Memory: 89
Perceptual Reasoning: 136
Verbal Comprehension: 144

My questions/concerns: These numbers seem very far apart. From reading online, that is NOT normal.

Does this disparity mean something bad for our son? Is this what my teacher friend w/ a Masters in Gifted and Talented Ed calls a possible Twice Exceptional result?

Does my child have a significant learning deficit? Did something go wrong during the testing? Will we need to retest, w/this or another test?

What do I need to know/what are some good questions and comments I need to prepare, for when we meet up with the psychologist to go over all of this? What sites or links can you sggest, for me to look into this further?

As we live in a Dutch/French speaking country, and I speak/read neither language, I found nothing at the library I could use to help me, and school is now closed, so I cannot consult with anyone there.

This whole experience has been very confusing for me.

Thanks in advance for any and all help anybody can provide to us.

~Bookratt