Originally Posted by mamabird
I also thought Kimck's comments about the furnace, plumbing, electrical work, etc was somewhat comical. My husband and I recently purchased a fixer-upper house and we are doing most of the repair ourselves. Our son is beside himself learning about all of the fixing we are doing. We purchased some little plastic tools for him last summer at a garage sale and it was the best $2 I think I ever spent! He followed DH around for a good hour last weekend "helping him" install new switches and outlets. Also, every time we go down into the basement, he has to check to see if the furnace is on. It is hilarious!

I like all of your thoughts on going to museums, zoos, etc. I live in the suburbs of Minneapolis, MN,

Oh - your DS sounds just like mine at 2! When DS was just 3 we moved from a house with a furnace to a house with a boiler. Whenever anyone asked how he liked his new house he'd say "I miss my furnace". He loved to watch it cycle and would run down to the basement when the vents came on. But on the other hand our "new" old house has this antique toliet that DS would pull the top off of and explain the works to every person he could drag in there. You son sounds very sweet! I miss those days. My DD3 is so not that way. But she cracks us up in other ways.

Kriston - I like the Omnivore/Obsessive classification. I think I'm a closet Obsessive type and so is DH. DS seems more Omnivore right now though but has Obsessive streaks! DD is TBD. Seems obsessive on all things girl to me.

And Mamabird - I live in St. Paul MN just a couple miles from the free zoo! I initially was afraid of divulging my location but what the heck. I know there is no teacher or administrator from our school lurking.