Ooh, zing, mamabird! Good on you. smile

Welcome to the board. Your ds sounds very bright indeed -- you're certainly in the right place. As others have said, at his age you'll want to follow his interests and allow him to develop them as far as he wants. If he seems interested in 3D shapes, expose him to cubes, spheres and pyramids -- there's no reason a 2.5yo shouldn't learn these things! Show him parallelograms, rhombi, and trapezoids, if he seems intrigued by shapes.

My ds was about your ds's age when I started to realize that he was a bit different. It's so much fun to watch them develop and grow through those preschool years! My ds was in full-time daycare as well, though we switched him to Montessori when he was 4 (and now he's in public K), and he doesn't seem scarred.

Really, as long as your ds is enjoying himself at home and at school, you don't necessarily need to do anything "special" at this point, other than allow him the freedom to explore areas that interest him -- even if those aren't the typical interests of a 2yo.

Again, welcome!

Mia