Originally Posted by Wren
OK Kriston, as an upper white family, I think I can call it as I see it.

It's not your opinion I have trouble with, it's the nasty, insulting tone you're taking. As I said, it's perfectly possible to state your valid problems with Ruf's method and sample size without insulting others.

It's not the first time you've been disrespectful to those of us on the forum, though it is the most glaring example. So I'm calling it as I see it.

While there are plenty of contrary opinions on the forum about Ruf--we had a lively and interesting debate about her work not long ago--everyone managed to discuss the book without turning the conversation into a personal attack, as you have done.

You don't have to like Ruf. You are welcome to tell us that you don't like Ruf. But if Ruf is an ego-stroker, pure and simple, then those of us who found help in her books must be too stupid to see that she's a snake-oil salesman. That's unfair and it's mean. What's more, you can make your point without resorting to such treatment of others. Civil disagreement is possible.

Her work has helped a lot of us. We are educated, intelligent people who read a lot, and her work helped us. Insulting us helps no one, and it might very well chase away someone who found help through Ruf's book because she's going to think this forum is unfriendly to her and her child. I won't put up with that. That's not the forum I joined.

I'm asking you to please be polite. That's all I'm asking for.

Kriston