Originally Posted by barbarajean
My DS had one good friend at the school. They had met in preschool. They always got along. However, my DS was awkward at school, his friend was not. His friend made other friends at school but continued to play and eat lunch with DS. But as first grade rolled on his friend ate with him less frequently. My DS said it was because his friend had other friends and sometimes his friend needed to eat with his other friends too, its only fair. Ds's friend could not eat with his other friends and DS at the same time b/c the other friends did not like DS. Ds said that everybody can not like everyone. But since his friend took turns eating with DS it was ok with Ds. ...

This part here really breaks my heart, and I have to cry a bit now.

The sadness flashes into anger when I know that the 'Adult Bullies' at the first school, and well meaning Adults at the next school call him immature because of his outbursts.

It is confusing. And heartbreaking. And "It gets better." Go to YouTube and have a good laugh and cry at the "It gets better" campaign aimed toward Gay Youth. As we grow up we can make more choices about who we hang out with and how we spend our time - so for both Gay Youth and Gifted Youth: It DOES get better.

Lots of your 'ugly story' reminds me of our family's ugly story. My son is 14 now and It DOES get better.

BTW - I highly recommend Dr. Ed Amend in Kentucky. Yup - we traveled. A full evaluation can cost about 2K. Is it worth it? There is no magic bullet, but if medication is going to be part of the picture (ADD was an issue for us) I sure would want to be sure, and that is what Dr. Ed was finally able to do for me. Call him on the phone and ask to talk it through before you book your appointment to see if you two 'vibe' together.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com