DS8 (one grade skip in 3rd grade public school) ended up getting in school suspension today after an incident on the playground this morning before school. incident was nothing major (confirmed by principal) but for some reason DS8 could not calm down afterwards. He kept being rude and insubordinate to the adults involved. It ended with him saying that school was a huge waste of time.

He spent the entire day in the in-school suspension. He spent the day with a 5th grade classroom sitting with the teacher's aide. Talking to him after school it was the BEST day ever. He did all his work. Listened to the 5th grade lessons and even took a 5th grade math test (he got 100%). When I reminded him that the day was supposed to be a punishment he laughed...telling me that it was awesome and he needed a break from his regular classroom.

I'm worried that he thinks he has found a new way to make his day more interesting-- however the principal told me that the next step for rude, disrespect is full out of school suspension! And to think I thought we were having a good year...

Crisc