They were happy, gentle, prosperous ethical people with nice families. �Their goals had changed over time. �The author left me wondering if she considered their lives successful. �I wholehearted consider those outcomes successful.
That is not to say that a exceptional education is the only way one can achieve a similar outcome by the age of fifty. �I do think it offers itself to the study of how we think nurture and a quality education affects our children's futures. �Maybe we could believe that a good education contributed to their becoming happy, gentle, prosperous ethical people with nice families. �It does reinforce the belief that once you have given your children the best education you can you must turn the reigns over to them. �By saying giving them the best education you can I do not mean just the highest achieving academics you can offer them, I mean the combination of the best of what is important to you, be it academic and factual, spiritual and interpersonal, or tolerant and respectful. �This is the legacy that you pass down to your children. �After a certain point they will claim their right to make their own decisions. �Their life will take it's own direction. �While they're young we have the opportunity to create options for them and by doing so we pass down their spiritual and intellectual inheritance.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar