Now I'm the one that's way off. .. //>.>\\'... oops. That thing that was in the sixties or seventies that I was thinking about were the male presidential merit scholars between 1964 and 1968 and was followed up by Felice Kaufmann in her dissertation study for her Ph. D. 1978. �

and the school story I remembered from the same book made a school for children identified as gifted in St. Louis in 1961 and their parents and teachers were told "they were the best candidates for the roles of "leaders of tomorrow". �This was during the Russian Sputnik era. �That's what it was, the kid's with the special gifted education seemed destine to fulfil their talents and also had vivid personality, vibrant, well on their way to success. �At the age of 50 "The men, however, had somehow, against all odds , become-well--ordinary. �They were as funny and articulate and alert as they had ever been. �But they seemed overly gentle and subdued. �They were ....middle managers, mid-level accountants, executives of small prosperous firms, and busy lawyers. �They were contented, caring, ethical guys. �However, the arching career trajectory of their youth and early adulthood seemed to have leveled out as they persued the pleasures of family life and their myriad of advocations."

I mentioned it because you were looking for long term data, but I thought it was PG men, it was only gifted kids "identified to be the future leaders of tomorrow.". But maybe I could stretch this to make it look like I hadn't taken up all this space needlessly and scan the book again to see how kauffman's merit scholars turned out by middle age. �No, I really don't think I can make this goof-up relevant. �I've lost my touch. (pouting)

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar