And you have to balance their happiness now with their future happiness and try to give them enough of both. �For now you have to do it for them until they're old enough to do it for themselves. �I think the gifted part factors in that you may have to make that transition sooner rather than later whether you've accelerated or not.

��Is early desire for independence and authority over ones life part of gifted asynchronousity? �Lu-Lu and Sofie's tiger-mother taught us it could be a personality trait independent of LoG & nurture both.

��Wren if you would consider foreign exchange studentship for your daughter (she is your daughter) u might consider looking at foreign colleges as well and what age/educational requirements they have. �I mean France, Germany, China. �I haven't looked into it, but I think you should. �I have considered foreign exchange options when my kids become high schoolers (plan ahead much?) but the hubby told me not to be surprised if the boy wants to do his college in Mexico. �I haven't told the hubby yet but I wouldn't be surprised if the kids want to do their college in Europe or Asia either. �My dad told me "the world's your oyster", whatever that means:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070314162158AAIvlFC

Great topic Wren!

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar