I do not understand your response to my question Val. I didn't start anything about IVs but joined in. I was interested in rapid acceleration. How kids did after they went to college early. I didn't mean 15 or 16. That isn't rapid acceleration in my mind.

And why pay 50K per year for high school when Stuyvesant is free and Harvard loves the grads. I think last year they took 26 out of 700 or something.

I did a post about available classes because we were thinking of moving but it seems very hard to duplicate what DD has here.

Her Chinese class is 2.5 hours every Sat morning and costs $300 oer semester, with online homework and review. Nobody has mentioned an area that has the weekly science classes like she takes at the American Museum of Natural History. They are amazing classes with great resources, since they use the museum and get to go into all the new exhibits before they open.

My good friend's daughter decided to spend her last couple of years at a boarding school in CT. The exmissions were not so great, unless you had the scores and the legacy -- much like if DD goes to Stuyvesant. I expect her to have the scores and she has legacy.

I am not sure she is into mining engineering (I thought of switching in my 2nd year). But if she decides she wants to go there, great. But she doesn't need Andover for that.

I do not get your point Val.

Ren