Originally Posted by Wren
Also, rapid acceleration must be very fashionable. Disney's new show is about 11 year olds in high school. Move over Hannah Montana, bring in the highly gifted.

I hope so. �Does that mean the the mainstream teachers will become more supportive of educationally eager students?! �(and more tolerant of the kid that noticesz every mistake on the blackboard �well, <blushes> �maybe they wouldn't notice every little mistake if there was something more productive to do in a school day than read a book while writing and doodling and listening to the teacher. �(smaller) �which makes the kid be treated kind of like nothing more than a bother at times.)))Yay! �Yeah. �Too late for my childhood but just in time for my kids. �I vaguely remember being told at least twice not to do all the answer in the textbook for the year ahead in the first couple of weeks, just so it was already done. �And to stay in my seat and quit talking because I was done in ten minutes every paper they gave you thirty to do. �I'm not trying to race my kid to colleg or out of the house I'm just tickled pink that I see more options. Eta: I'm excited that I can do more than just tell my kid "be quiet and listen to the teacher because you're a kid and that's what kids do.". Which is fine, and of course I'll do that too. But this "teaching in the zone of proximal development" just feels so much more just.

Last edited by La Texican; 05/09/11 04:15 PM.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar