Originally Posted by Cecilia:
My question is, after he potentially runs through all of the high school science classes as an audit, which classes would he then take (when he's actually in high school with his age peers)as an actual credit? I know he would eventually move on to college courses, but would his high school then make him repeat the same classes he took possibly years ago, as a credit? Do these kids who audit high school/college classes as a young child, end up eventually just repeating the same courses over and over again so they can get that credit/grade on their permanent record? I hope I'm making myself clear

Some schools teach AP courses as first year courses to qualified students while others require their advanced students to take an honors level chem., physics or bio prior to AP chem., physics or bio. Knowing your school�s usual sequence for strong science students would help with your planning.

For example, my daughter�s high school has exactly seven science courses and my son�s high school offers twelve, while a nearby high school offers thirty!