Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links
DITD Logo

Learn about the Davidson Academy’s online campus for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S.

The Davidson Institute for Talent Development is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Davidson Fellows Scholarship
  • Davidson Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute
  • DITD FaceBook   DITD Twitter   DITD YouTube
    The Davidson Institute is on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

How gifted-friendly is
    your state?

Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update

Who's Online
    0 registered (), 0 Guests and 45 Spiders online.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gxtd, NYC2011, varsha dongre, Caril, Happy Dolphin
    10643 Registered Users
    November
    Su M Tu W Th F Sa
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
    Forum   Subject
    General Discussion
    Jump to new posts Re: Ivy League Admissions. by Wren @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

I think it is talent, luck and strategy. There are kids that do highly unusual things. Like that homeschooled kid that sailed around the world at 16. He got into Harvard. And there are kids that have double legacy that go to the right schools, ha
    College
    Jump to new posts Re: Which colleges have good teaching? by Old Dad @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

As for active learning and quality of teaching, as I've mentioned previously, I've found it unacceptable that other than the school of education, very few college or university professors are required to have one credit hour of classes in education.
    Twice Exceptional
    Jump to new posts Functional difficulties caused by ADHD? by readermom123 @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Hi all, My son is 8 and in 3rd grade at a highly-rated public school. He's participating in their pull-out GT program and also leaves class twice a week for speech therapy (articulation difficulties, although he's about to graduate from speech). W
    Identification, Testing & Assessment
    Jump to new posts Re: Score Extrapolations? by Pabulum @ 11/13/19 01:58 PM

I also think there's a certain limit to highest ability rating items of a certain difficulty rating can measure. For example, how would someone correctly answering 10 questions in the same specific skill all rated at difficulty +0.5 standard deviatio
    General Discussion
    Jump to new posts Re: Poetry contest for middle schooler? by Bostonian @ 11/12/19 05:36 AM

The Contest Calendar lists River of Words: Youth Art and Poetry Inspired by the Natural World.
    Identification, Testing & Assessment
    Jump to new posts Re: Ways ASD shows up in testing by MumOfThree @ 11/10/19 10:27 PM

Thanks AEH, so in this case the child scored 4th percentile for handwritten essay and 99th percentile for a second typed essay. Clearly many things went well with the essay. The suggestion that something about the essay implied ASD is fuzzy, clearly
    Learning Environments
    Jump to new posts Re: Stanford online HS and alternatives by Cheyenne_526 @ 11/10/19 08:13 PM

Maybe you would be willing to allow your son to help me with my science project? I have proposed a project I am calling Eyes of Perception. The purpose of my project is to investigate whether there is a correlation between eye color and intelligence;
    General Discussion
    Jump to new posts Re: The ultimate brag thread by Portia @ 11/09/19 01:16 PM

love the brags! Thank you for sharing jolip!
    Recent Posts
    Ivy League Admissions.
    by Wren
    Today at 03:32 PM
    Which colleges have good teaching?
    by Old Dad
    Today at 01:22 PM
    Functional difficulties caused by ADHD?
    by readermom123
    Today at 12:41 PM
    Score Extrapolations?
    by Pabulum